Welcome to our news page where we will be posting articles and important notices which we hope you find interesting and useful. Click on the 'read more' to see the full article.
Please ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ these with your friends!
Covid-19 and vaccines update 20th April
Client update April 20th
Re: Change in working patterns during COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.
Following a review of the COVID-19 guidance by our governing and professional bodies, we are now carrying out vaccinations and some routine treatments in specific circumstances. We continue to focus on urgent and emergency cases and at the same time, prioritise public health and the safety of our team and clients.
From Monday April 20th we will be able to offer the following services:
- Primary vaccination courses for puppies. First vaccines can be given between 6 and 8 weeks of age, second vaccines at 10 weeks of age or older. We will complete vaccine courses that have been started elsewhere.
- First year booster vaccinations for dogs which are usually given at about 15 months of age.
- Booster vaccinations for older dogs but only if they are about to lapse by more than 3 months (i.e. if it is nearly 15 months since they were last vaccinated.
- Primary vaccine courses for kittens or cats that are 12 weeks of age or older.
- First year booster vaccinations for cats which are usually given at about 15 months of age. We will continue to delay booster vaccinations of older adult cats.
- Vaccination of rabbits against Myxomatosis and RHD, either primary courses, or boosters as they become due.
- Rabies vaccination of travelling pets will be done in exceptional circumstances. We will not be vaccinating dogs against kennel cough at this point.
- We will consider neutering cats on a case by case basis, aiming to carry out such surgeries where there is a welfare need.
The following restrictions on clients continue to apply:
- We will only make appointments for urgent or emergency cases at the St Annes Road surgery. Please phone to discuss your pet’s problem.
- We can offer video or telephone consultations as an alternative to attending the practice, where appropriate. These would be charged at £35 but this is refunded if an appointment at the practice is deemed necessary.
- The surgeries at East Dean, Willingdon and Langney will be closed.
- The visiting vet service will not be on offer, but we will continue to do home visits to provide urgent pet care where this is unavoidable.
- All repeat medications and routine flea and worm products will be posted after pre-payment including a £4 post and packing fee.
- Urgent medicines, certain controlled drugs, insulin supplies and bulky or high-value items can be collected from St Anne’s Road only after prior arrangement.
- Deliveries of food and medication will continue but we cannot promise the timescale.
- We will continue to strictly enforce social distancing rules so please respect the instructions you are given at the practice.
Our telephone lines are currently extremely busy and it would be helpful if clients wishing to make a vaccination appointment could visit our website, www.stannesvets.co.uk and click on the ‘Book Appointments’ button. Please complete the form, remembering that we are currently only offering appointments at our Eastbourne surgery. A member of our team will contact you to arrange an appointment.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Simon, Aled and Hetty.